Wednesday, November 10, 2010

how music inspires Amanda Neville

Music has always been a huge part of my life. I started singing when I was about 3 years old. When I sang “Rock-a-bye Baby” or “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star” to my baby doll, my dad would correct me if I sang a note wrong. He would make me sing it over and over until I sang it correctly. That little habit evolved into an extreme love for music and singing. I started taking group singing lessons, and then I switched to private lessons. I also got into musical theatre and acting. I absolutely fell in love with the arts. In high school I participated in my concert choir and the select women’s choir at the school. My junior year I was the secretary of my choir and my senior year I was the president. Being part of the officers of my choir was an amazing experience. I loved being a part of planning events for the choir. Music has just changed my life. It is my escape from stress. When I sing, I forget about all of my troubles and just feel free. I could not survive without singing and I will be singing for the rest of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment